The harvest is here.
The Autumnal Equinox arrives on September 22nd in the Northern Hemisphere. The wheel turns to welcome in Libra season inviting both a sense of balance and a letting go. Trees drop their leaves, the weather turns cooler, the festivities and output of summer energy starts to wane. There are also some new energies that we welcome in during this time: Kids go back to school, Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, started on Wednesday 9/20 and ends today on Equinox. We start feeling the energies of the holiday season around the corner and return to our lives after summer holidays. Endings and beginnings. As the light retreats our bodies begin to adjust to a different pace as day and night become equal in length.
I love this season. I feel nourished by it completely. My body craves soups, squash and root veggies. I choose colors in hues of oranges, golds, deep reds and browns. I turn inward and appreciate being at home and engaging in projects that feel soulful. When autumn is in the air I feel like my breathe expands.
The harvest is here.
With any seasonal shift comes an opportunity for contemplation and inner change.
Venus ruled Libra wants balance, peace, and justice. During this season we may notice what is out of balance. Libra also rules the 7th house of partnership in our astrological charts. Whether we are a Libra sun or not, we all have Libra parts. These are the parts of us that love harmony and aspire to fairness. They are also the parts that tend toward people pleasing, and can see all sides of an issue, which can make taking a stand or making a decision challenging at times.
How can you choose to honor your own truth despite external influences? What do you need to do to come back into equilibrium ? What do you need to release in order to come into balance and align with the season? What actions can support your inner world and make honoring yourself a bit more purposefully?
Self-care is non-negotiable.
The current chaos of the world is showing us what is out of balance. Nature is taking a stand. Floods, hurricanes, fires and earthquakes. All the elements responding loud and clear to what is not working. In Earth Medicine work, we honor Autumn in the direction of the West, the place of the water element. In visionary healing work, the West is the place of the inner teacher, the one within each of us who holds wisdom, understanding and compassion. The guidance I received in the medicine wheel this week was simple. Clean out your physical space (as it will effect all other spaces within you) and use sound to shift the energies and bring healing. Tone, drum, chant, use singing bowls, Om, sing, play instruments. Do it with others to increase the energetic resonance. Our voices need to be heard.
Indeed the sacred is in the simple.
Libra is said to rule the lower back, which is all about support. When we are stable and balanced we are able to carry our own weight and also be of service to others from a place of sturdiness and inner fortitude. Are you overextending yourself in any areas of your life? What self care practices can you engage in to be an ocean of calm in a world of turmoil? Connect to Source energy and replenish your wellspring so that you can return to inner harmony. Holding this vibration when you are in the company of others uplifts everyone.
Many of us are still feeling the influences of eclipse season. Eclipses bring about change and the effects are felt 3-6 months before and after. The Leo-Aquarius axis of this eclipse invited us to shine our light in a way that benefits the collective. Opportunities abound to do this at this time. How is it showing up for you in your life?
I have had several conversations with friends and clients these past few weeks related to clearing the clutter out of their lives. People seem to be turbo charged on getting rid of stuff that is impeding their growth NOW. (Myself included). I have a dear client who is moving house. Her life will take her on adventures around the globe and then she and her husband will decide where to settle. She is a Libra sun and this offering is in honor of her process.
Turn the mundane process of clearing out, letting go, and composting into a sacred ritual by using these suggestions....
1. Be present. Remember to breathe and visualize each item symbolically representing the shedding of an old skin, an old way of being that no longer serves you. Bless each item and let it go. A new life awaits it!
Make a list of all the things that currently drag you down and intend that with each item you let go of, that a feeling of lightness fill your field. This move can help you let go of burdens, resentments, unwanted habits and patterns...anything weighing you down psychically, emotionally, mentally and physically and stopping you from being even more engaged with your empowered mojo than ever. Let it go, blow it into the ethers, donate it to charity, give it a no and a heave ho. And don’t forget to thank it for the purpose it served as you bless it and release it.
2. Nature abhors a vacuum, so once you release, make sure you invoke qualities you wish to embody. Invite joy at the cellular level to flood the spaces you have cleared both within yourself and in your environment. This will help you radiate your Shine and your space will also sparkle with good vibes.
3. If you get stuck...Ask for guidance. Your team is there for you. Ask your guides for help and support. Choose a divination card each morning before beginning your day, or read an inspirational poem. Sit quietly and intend to receive. A few minutes of intentional preparation can set the tone for the whole day.
4. Remember that the universe has your back. You don’t have to do it all or control it all. Decide to be in flow and then surrender to flow...we don’t need to micromanage the how, when, where or why.
5. You are not a slave. Make time for self-care during the process. A car needs gas to keep going so take breaks, nourish yourself with good food, take a walk, do yoga, drink water, don’t forget to pee (take 10 deep breaths while peeing!). Above all, have fun and be gentle with yourself.
6. By clearing and letting go you are paving the way to connect with your higher purpose. Trust that you will be able to see, taste, feel, hear, smell its call. Gift yourself the time and space to be in transition. This isn’t a race. Know that the new will form in perfect timing.
7. If emotions come up as they do when change is afoot, give them space and voice. Be aware of the feeling, name it, locate it in your field and body, acknowledge it and let it go. Emotions are meant to move, not stay bottled up. Expression helps us not fall into regression!
8. As you go about the clearing clutter and doing mundane tasks, surround yourself in energetic brilliance. Visualize how you will feel, savor the sensory experience of having a clean space where you won't be distracted by visual noise. Bathe in it, relish in the sensations.
As a tool to assist in the process I am offering, a Liberation essence, which helps us grow and connect with a version of our best self. Liberation essence assists with freeing us from old templates that do not support our energy signature. Its message is "I am Free."
I invite you to use this energetic ally during the process of letting go. Click here to purchase this flower essence.
All September proceeds from this offering will be donated to SPCA hurricane disaster relief fund to help animals that have been displaced.
With infinite love, gratitude and Equinox blessings,
Claudia is a nature lover, alchemist and dreamer. She lives with her life partner, Ilan and her beloved dog, Osa.